The collective families of the Richmond are most
important to the makeup of this Ship's Company. Here you will find a support base to acquaint and assist
the family members with most of the knowledge
necessary to become comfortably involved in the
activities of the unit.
If you are a lady considering living history reenacting, and are not sure where or how to start, this introduction by Mrs. Kathleen Kannik is a must. Click here
A sample of what our members are able to access in this Members Only section, "British Letter Writing Style,
Composition & The Postal System of 1775 - 1783", may be seen by clicking here.
AN INDEX OF TOPICS:
- Peerage - Learn the proper way to address those with titles during speech and in writing. Burke's Peerage in London is expert
on this subject. Easy to understand layouts reveal this most interesting topic.
- Ladies Fashion - Whether you are dressed to come aboard while the Richmond is in port to meet your "husband" for the first time on the Gundeck, or of peerage title in need of a dress to attend the Captain's dinner aboard the Richmond, you will discover here fashion from the inside out, silk slippers to an indispensable.
- Happenings in England During the Life of the Richmond - Learn about the important happenings and inventions occurring in England during the time of the Richmond and the AWI. Did you know the fountain pen was invented during this time?
- Learning to Dance - Learn the routine, customs, courtesies and dance steps to allow the whole family to attend a period Ball with the confidence to really enjoy the experience (unless you're more inclined to go for the parties on the Richmond's Gundeck!).
- Calling Cards - Learn the correct naval format for calling cards of this period, their use and the rare pencil codes used on them. Limited free cards for all members of the Richmond's Ship's Company; inquire within.
- Courtship - No better way to see if they are really the one for you! Design your Wedding Record, learn about rings, and why the bride absolutely must guard her shoes at a period wedding.
- Daily Life Through the Seasons - Find the routine to plan your persona, no matter what the class of your impression. Includes managing a household of
meagre means to all you should know about the coach house and barn, working hands, kitchen garden and the dovecote, to name a few.
- British Law - How to refrain from being branded with a "T," to women and the law.
- Women in Business - Plan a take charge persona with historical accuracy.
- Naval Style Calling Cards - Composition and style for our
period - includes the pencilled-in abbreviations used when leaving one
- Toiletry - From grooming to the rare bath, and do bring perfume!
- Your Health - Best you know all the Barber does! And you receive a letter sealed with black wax - would you know already what's inside?
- Selected Recipes From a Period Cookbook - From Hardtack (you supply the Bargemen!) to the unforgettable aroma of hearth baked bread.
- Manners of the Period - For all ages, adjusting your persona from the start allows one to fit right in for a most enjoyable event.
- The Royal Navy Toast- Background, when and how it is done, to
include when not to stand. Have a glass of wine ready when you open this page, as a toast is proposed upon opening of the page! (sorry, sound not available in NetScape)
- Camp Followers - Not always for the poor, the full story to help set your persona right. Champagne not included.
Repair to the Site Index Page